Buying an older iPhone model may require you to remove the activation lock, so let’s find out.
The iPhone 14 has just been released, which means that the used market is full of older iPhone models, as it happens after every new Apple release.
Well, if you end up buying one of these iPhones and find that it’s stuck in iCloud activation lock, you’ll have to find a way to use the phone. Fortunately, there are ways to remove the activation lock without the help of the previous owner.
How To Remove iCloud Activation Lock Without Its Previous Owner
Removing iCloud Activation Lock so you can start using your new (for you) phone isn’t the easiest thing to do, but thankfully it’s possible.
Using DNS Bypass
With this method, you can take control of your new phone in minutes. Here’s what to do:
- Turn on your iPhone and choose the language and country from the menu.
- Tap the Get on and go to the Wi-Fi Settings page. You will find a i in a circle near the Wi-Fi tab, so click on it.
- Enter an IP address of the DNS server to bypass iCloud activation lock. You have to choose one based on your location: United States: 22.214.171.124 Europe: 126.96.36.199 Asia: 188.8.131.52 Australia and Oceania: 184.108.40.206 South America: 220.127.116.11 Other areas: 18.104.22.168
- Go back to the previous screen, turn on Wi-Fi and choose your network. Enter your access code.
- Do not click the Next page option. Press instead Back to return to the iCloud Bypass screen.
- Scroll all the way down to the menu and set up your apps and everything else you need on your iPhone.
This method only works with devices running iOS 8 through 10. In addition, not everyone in the world can use this method. Alternatively, you can use AnyUnlock for a more streamlined experience.
Using AnyUnlock – iPhone Password Unlock
In contrast to the previous method, this one is a lot more user-friendly. While less tech-savvy users may have issues with the first method, AnyUnlock shouldn’t pose any problems. Plus, this iCloud Activation Lock Bypass Tool is guaranteed to have a high success rate so you don’t have to struggle to figure out how to unlock your new phone.
Here’s what you need to do to make it work:
- To get AnyUnlock for your Windows or Mac computer. Install the tool and view all options.
- Next, you need to plug in your iPhone and connect it to your computer.
- Choose Bypass iCloud Activation Lock in the grid.
- click on Start now to start the unlocking process.
- Done! Any traces of the previous owner have been removed.
The whole process feels like it takes an instant, which is a lot easier than any other DIY solution you might use. Plus, it’s a lot faster than contacting Apple Support, contacting the seller again, and so on.
We should mention that AnyUnlock is a complete iOS unlock toolkit and it works to solve so many other problems. For example, it can unlock screen passcode, Apple ID and bypass mobile device management.
The tool can also remove the SIM lock, iTunes backup encryption, and you can even unlock the phone without a Screen Time passcode.
Easy way to unlock your new iPhone
Unlocking your new iPhone can be a job that takes a few minutes if you use the right tools, such as the iCloud Activation Lock Bypass Tool we showed you here which results in less headache.